[emacs-berlin] May 2021 Meetup

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Sat May 22 14:24:30 UTC 2021

Hi all,

The next meetup is on Wednesday 26th, May 2021.

No talks lined up so far – but! To give the meetup a little more
structure this time, I suggest a guiding topic to center the discussion
around, and invite everyone to thing a bit beforehand if they want to
say / show something related to it:

>>> Basic Text Editing with Emacs <<<

Cursor movement, marking text, copying and pasting, searching,
auto-filling, completion etc. etc. With its long history, Emacs
certainly has some special quirks, but also many unique perks related to
the presumably simple task of basic text editing. Anything you find
particularly unique and worthy showing? Any special tricks? Maybe
someone could demo how they use evil-mode? What do you think newcomers
struggle with most?

=== Time and location

Room open from 18:30 CEST, "official" start at 19:00 CEST.

The video link is going to be:

https://jitsi.emacs-berlin.org/may-2021

Some of us also hang out on IRC, #emacs-berlin on irc.libera.chat
(migrated from freenode).

=== Code of Conduct

Please note that we want to be an inclusive and welcoming event and as
such have adopted the Berlin Code of Conduct [1].

cheers, Til

[1] https://berlincodeofconduct.org/