[emacs-berlin] May 2021 Meetup

jman emacs-berlin at city17.xyz
Sun May 23 13:44:10 UTC 2021

Tilmann Singer <tils at tils.net> writes:

> What do you think newcomers struggle with most?

I will always consider myself a newcomer until I find an adequate
solution to the mess I have in my *IBuffer* buffer. I open files from
different git repositories, org-mode files, then mu4e, then the calendar
... soon enough I can't navigate through them with `C-x b` anymore.

A suggestion I received was to try `treemacs` but it didn't enhance my
experience (or I am using it wrong), I end up spending too much time
switching back and forth from the treemacs buffer and navigating the
tree and that breaks my concentration.

(I use `emacs -nw` without a mouse, so perhaps this is part of the problem)

My current workflow is to open multiple emacs for different contexts (ugh).

I read that the enlightened :-) Emacs user "opens Emacs once and just open
new buffers". I would really *love* if someone could show me such a
proficient workflow :-)

cheers,