[emacs-berlin] Software ideas for our remote MeetUp

Christian Tietze me at christiantietze.de
Mon Feb 1 12:09:07 UTC 2021

Interesting tools, thanks for sharing your research results!

For a similar purpose of creating a space with multiple rooms, peeking into/moving between rooms quickly, I've experimented with Discord servers. WE haven't tested it yet, but it appears like you can have a general or water-cooler room by default, and allow participants to join various voice & screen sharing sessions. (We plan to have 3--5 "rooms" where the speaker changes, and a watercooler room where everyone can present anything. More Open Space like.)

Not sure what y'all think of Discord in general, but that might be a workable solution, too.

Cheers,
Christian