[emacs-berlin] Software ideas for our remote MeetUp

jman emacs-berlin at storiepvtride.it
Sat Jan 30 13:49:36 UTC 2021

DiesDas <agfa.color at web.de> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> inspired by the memories of our more offline MeetUps back in the days
> and the past remote MeetUp on last wednesday (I had great fun btw.), I
> thought if we can bring in some additional features. My goal would be to
> implement things, that kinda replace situations and features, I miss online.

Hi,

very interesting tools. By the way, a couple of days ago there was a
mention of the WorkAdventure github repository with the assets of
rc3. BBB is also used (officially, I believe) for remote schooling in
parts of Germany, z.B. Berlin [0].

I add a question to the pool from an "engineering" point of view: what
would be the effort (in manhours and server resources) needed to implement
and run a custom WorkAdventure or a BBB instance?

Tangential to the topic, I will follow with interest how the upcoming
FOSDEM will be handled online, they have chosen a stack [1] that partly
matches the tools you mention: jitsi livestreams for Q&A session after
each pre-recorded talk and a Matrix instance for chatting.

LG,

[0] https://www.lernraum-berlin.de/start/
[1] https://matrix.org/blog/2021/01/04/taking-fosdem-online-via-matrix