[emacs-berlin] November Meetup

jman emacs-berlin at storiepvtride.it
Sun Nov 22 14:40:37 UTC 2020

Tilmann Singer writes:

> Anybody have something talk-like to announce? Otherwise we'll have a
> free flowing conversation with lots of cool impromptu show-and-tells as
> usual.

I'm pretty swamped next week, so I'm not sure I can even attend, but I
can chime in with a support request.

Yesterday I have "ported" my configuration to Emacs 27, but I'm still a
bit confused on how to use the early-init.el to effectively manage
package installation combined with `use-package`.

Basically I suffer a chicken-and-egg kind of issue, and only on clean
installations; could not yet make it work completely unattended, such
as:

- On a first clean emacs27 install `use-package`
- Then automatically install all packages as they appear in my init.el by `(use-package foo)`
- On the second emacs run don't keep on querying with `M-x package-refresh-contents`

If anyone has insights on this workflow, I'd be happy to learn more about it

regards,