[emacs-berlin] March meetup

julia.biro at gmail.com julia.biro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:01:18 UTC 2020

*TLDR; we will have a meetup in March, but fully online; Install the Zoom
client to participate; reach out to me if you have any problems; exact
details later. *

Dear Emacs People,

as you are surely aware, Berlin is facing an epidemic. To help the efforts
of reducing the risk for everyone, our host, Contentful has already moved
to remote work, and decided not to host any events until the end of April.
This means that we are not going to be able to meet in person for the next
one or two meetups.

However, this doesn't mean that the meetup is cancelled! We are going to
have an online event, at the usual time, but on Zoom. Zoom is a
videoconferencing tool that we already are using successfully to organize
meetings even with 50+ participants, so it should be able good for us with
our usual attendance.

*Please download and install the Zoom client* from zoom.us/downloads, as
this is necessary for you to be able to participate. Zoom can be used from
Windows, mac and even Linux. I am letting you know now, so you have enough
time to address any technical blockers. If you need help, reach out to me -
I am not a zoom expert, but I can ask help from Contentful.

*I will post the exact technical details later*, (which zoom room to join,
how will we use the features etc), so watch out for it here and on
meetup.com! I am coordinating with our events team, they are already
building up knowledge on how to run fully remote events. The upside is that
we won't have problems with cables :)
Unfortunately no pizza or beer this time, but we will have each other!

see you soon,
Julia