[emacs-berlin] March meetup / IRC

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Fri Mar 13 19:35:38 UTC 2020

Hello all,

We'll host the March meetup on another channel in parallel, on plain
text chat IRC, #emacs-berlin on freenode. Feel free to join via zoom,
IRC or both. No need to feel excluded because you can't run one or the
other ;)

If you want to present something, your initiative would be very
appreciated. Let us know so that we can plan accordingly.

## Instructions to connect to IRC

Within a fairly recent emacs, you could do the following to join:

M-x erc RET
IRC server: irc.freenode.net RET
IRC port: 6667 RET
Nickname: <your_name> RET
Password: <leave_empty> RET

This should connect to the freenode network. Once successful you see the
prompt:

where you enter

/join #emacs-berlin RET

to join the channel. From then on, there is a buffer named
"#emacs-berlin" for the channel.

The Password it prompts you for on connect is only necessary if you have
previously registered with NickServ to reserve your nickname. Ignore
when in doubt.

cheers, Til