[emacs-berlin] Magit fundraiser

Gregor Zattler telegraph at gmx.net
Sat Sep 16 21:08:00 UTC 2017

Hi Max,
* "Max (☭)" <suraev at alumni.ntnu.no> [2017-09-15; 18:38]:
> What about https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-07/msg00127.html - do
> you know the final outcome of this discussion? There's not a single word about this
> issue on fundrising page.

This discussion at emacs-devel made very clear that there is
nobody who would redevelop something like magit.

> I do use magit as well, but I do not see a point in contributing until the future of
> the project is clarified. If in the end it'll be decided that magit replacement will
> be developed within the Emacs than I'd rather contribute to FSF directly.

The main workload of magit development is done by one person, if
you want to contribute you'll have to contribute to him.  If at
some later point in the near future the development of magit
happens within emacs core it will be done by the same person.

Ciao; Gregor