[pan.do/ra-users] about tv and sound

sebastian at rolux.org sebastian at rolux.org
Mon May 20 19:50:18 CEST 2013

On May 20, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Givan Bela <xgz at societyofalgorithm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a public list 'Last Fridays' with 22 1-minute movies
> but when playing the list with the tv-option the sound is set to 0
> and every other movie it is playing it is resetting the volume to 0 again
>   http://pandora.okno.be/tv#?embed=true
>
> so I am having the following questions (3):
> - how can I configure the url if I want to send it to someone to see it as tv, of course with the list "Last Fridays"?
> - how can I send messages to tv, for instance to have the general volume controlled for all the clips (instead 0)?
> - is it possible to have the time of the break in between movies in the list controlled (kind of a wait time)?
>
> thanks
> guy
>
> ps hope I am getting the list messages now, will check it later

Hi, this is related to a couple of potential bugs and missing features:

- I have no idea how the volume gets set to 0. It should be the user's current volume, 100 by default. For me, this works.

- I have a slight idea how you ended up with that "#?embed=true" in the URL. That's a bug, it shouldn't be there.

- Unfortunately, there is currently no way to link to the /tv channel of a specific list (see https://wiki.0x2620.org/ticket/1512).
  You'll always get the /tv channel of the list you currently have (or previously had, when coming from the outside) selected.
  "All Videos" is just a list like all the others. This means clicking on TV in the menu (or pressing control+space) works,
  but there is no way to send a link to a specific /tv channel. When we added /tv, we thought of it more as a nice bonus feature,
  not as a full-fledged "view", and that's why we never thought of links/URLs. It's not east to retrofit, but we'll look into it.

- We also never thought anyone would ever want a pause between clips, on /tv. My general feeling is that it's probably too obscure
  to implement (needs UI, complicates the program, etc.), but if there's huge demand... ;)

Bests, s.