[emacs-berlin] is anybody here from meetup.com?

emacs-berlin at storiepvtride.it emacs-berlin at storiepvtride.it
Thu Oct 1 10:01:23 UTC 2020

Am 30.09.20 um 23:32 schrieb julia.biro at gmail.com:

> just checking, is there anyone here, who came from meetup.com
> <http://meetup.com>? I am wondering if it is still worth it to
> maintain the account.

fwiw your website is the first or second hit on any search engine when
searching for "emacs berlin", this is how I've found you.

My experience as Meetup (both organizer and participant) is that it's a
nice window for visibility but it also attracts "ghost" memberships,
single digits percent of new signups turn into active members. And this
was a problem when the platform tried to introduce paying RSVPs.
So, mixed feelings but slightly leaning to not liking the platform.

cheers,