[emacs-berlin] Problem with org achive

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at easy-emacs.de
Wed Sep 2 10:48:05 UTC 2020

On 02.09.20 10:49, julia.biro at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my org archive. I used to have as etup where
> archived items go to another file, but it stopped working. My
> `org-archive-default-command` variable is set to
> `org-archove-subtree`. The `org-archive-location` is set to
> "%s_archive::".  But when I do the archive command (or the archive
> subtree command) I get "invalid function:
> org-preserve-local-variables" and of course nothing gets archived. Of
> course I googled the question, Moss, it seems to be a bug that should
> go away after updating (it dodn't) and maybe recompiling? I found this
> open ticket https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/11801. I
> have no .elc files in my .emacs.d and recompiling didn't do anything.
> Sorry if my question seems noob. Spacemacs works out of the box almost
> all the time, so I really don't need to know a lot about it, not even
> whether it comes in binary form or is recompiled on each update.
>
> thanks
> Julia

Hi Julia,

here -- trunk of common Emacs -- org-preserve-local-variables is a macro
and resides in

org-macs.el

Maybe jump to source and look of there something visible. Sometimes its
just a typo...

BTW sure you have no *.elc files in .emacs.d? Because elpa compiles by
default.

The issue seems also being commented here:

https://mjmorse.com/blog/emacs-org-hiccups/

Cheers,

Andreas