[emacs-berlin] Problem with org achive

julia.biro at gmail.com julia.biro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:49:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a problem with my org archive. I used to have as etup where
archived items go to another file, but it stopped working. My
`org-archive-default-command` variable is set to `org-archove-subtree`. The
`org-archive-location` is set to "%s_archive::".  But when I do the archive
command (or the archive subtree command) I get "invalid function:
org-preserve-local-variables" and of course nothing gets archived. Of
course I googled the question, Moss, it seems to be a bug that should go
away after updating (it dodn't) and maybe recompiling? I found this open
ticket https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/11801. I have no .elc
files in my .emacs.d and recompiling didn't do anything.
Sorry if my question seems noob. Spacemacs works out of the box almost all
the time, so I really don't need to know a lot about it, not even
whether it comes in binary form or is recompiled on each update.

thanks
Julia