[emacs-berlin] LSP (language server protocol) and Emacs

Fermin fmfs at posteo.net
Tue Aug 18 10:29:45 UTC 2020

Hello.

Yes, I have been uses lsp with PHP and Java for the past year and its great!
If you are planning to use it with PHP, there is a new server added to Lsp called Serenata, it is full free/libre and works quite well.

Regards.

On August 18, 2020 10:21:07 AM UTC, emacs-berlin at storiepvtride.it wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I was wondering if anyone uses LSP. It's a protocol developed by
>microsoft that provides a unified framework for IDE (integrated
>development environment like visual studio) or editors (like Vim and
>Sublime). And, of course, Emacs.
>
>The protocol is implemented by a server running on your workstation,
>the
>IDE or the text editor talks to this server for things like syntax
>highlighting, code completions, jump to definitions and so on.
>
>I currently use lsp-mode [0][1] to develop in Rust and for this
>language
>the developer experience is stellar. I was curious to know if anyone
>uses LSP with another language. When I have time I'd like to setup LSP
>also for python, php and other languages I use.
>
>Happy to hear your thoughts! We can also briefly discuss this during
>the
>next meetup. If anyone is curious, I can show how it works on Rust.
>
>regards,
>
>[0] github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode
>[1] rust-analyzer.github.io

Mensaje enviado desde un dispositivo libre, para mas info: https://www.fsf.org/

GPG Key:
5DC3 A6F2 307B F2C6 5CFF 29E0 4199 AD36 81EE 7909