[emacs-berlin] thank you for the feedback!

Dieter Klünter dieter at dkluenter.de
Mon Mar 30 10:08:59 UTC 2020

Am Mon, 30 Mar 2020 09:31:39 +0200
schrieb Tilmann Singer <tils at tils.net>:

> Does anybody here have experience setting up and in particular tuning
> a jitsi-meet server? I have set up one on an AWS m5.large instance so
> far, and had mixed success for group chats of around 5 people with it.
> Sometimes video was a bit laggy, hard to say what the bottleneck was
> and if a larger instance would have helped.
>
> I can offer to host an experiment on:
> Wednesday April 1st, 19:00
> (exactly one week after the latest regular meetup)
>
> However, help with configuring the thing would be highly appreciated.
> And if someone has an optimized server, feel free to offer that.
>
> As before, if it can be proven to work, I'm fine switching to jitsi,
> if not, I'd also be fine to continue using zoom (when it's possible
> to use the browser based client).

On the weekend I have set up jitsi-meet on a Debian partition, no
particular measuring yet. But I will report test results.

an anouncement from Chaos Computer Club:
https://events.ccc.de/2020/03/29/hidden-service-ein-digital-verteiltes-online-chaos/

Report from TUM Munich: up to 60 participants, minimum 8 core cpu's,
32Gb ram, 1Gb ethernet
TUM is experimenting with Matrix, which uses Jitsi for video streaming.
https://matrix.org/
Firefox is not able to handle  WEBRTC, thus chromium/chrome browser
required.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung