[emacs-berlin] Emacs Berlin summer break + new start

Arne Brasseur arne.brasseur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:23:03 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

In a week it's the last Wednesday of the month again, but this time there
won't be an Emacs Berlin meetup. With summer in town we thought it would be
good to take a break and let people enjoy a summer evening away from their
favorite editor.

In August we do intend to meet up, but instead of the regular meetup we
plan to go out for dinner and maybe some drinks afterwards for who's up for
it.

>From September on we would like to re-launch with a new format. Instead of
the usual "sit around and chat" we'll have monthly talks on Emacs-y topics.
We'll also make a renewed effort to get some food sponsored each month.

We would also like to reach out to audiences who maybe haven't discovered
our friendly meetup yet. One idea is to organize each monthly meetup around
a specific theme. Something like "Python" or "LaTeX" or "DevOps" or "C++".
We can have presentations centered around those topics, and invite people
from those other communities to come and join us.

I hope this all sounds good to you! Do let us know what you think :)

Cheers,

Andy, Arne, Til