[emacs-berlin] Thomas' web-site and org, koma LaTeX letter from org. Was Re: June 2024 Meetup, hybrid, talks wanted

Thomas Redelberger redetho at gmx.de
Thu Jun 27 18:31:09 UTC 2024

Dear Emacs-Berlin colleagues,

Thank you for having me yesterday on LaTeX and Beamer generation from org-mode content.

Regards the question about my web-site:
I write all content in org.
E.g. for the LaTeX web-page of my site, please see the file body.org in attached archive latex-leaf.zip.
- body.org is exported to body.htm by the org-mode exporter as "minimal" HTML
- body.htm is transformed to index.htm by means of XSLT using trWNav.xml.
   This step adds the navigation, a header and footer

You might also consult the attached archive auxil.zip, which contains:
- mysetup.org for the central org in-buffer settings
- client.css for the "look" of the site
- trWSite.xsl for the "feel" of the site (=input to the XSLT transform)
- Makefile to maintain the site

These files exist only once for the whole site (at the top most directory or one directory above).
By changing client.css and trWSite.xsl, you can customise the look and feel of the site without touching any of the body.org files.
Example: I have changed the PNG navigation icons to SVG.

In init.el, I have the following code to use just one Makefile for a whole tree
: ; Use Makefile in current dir /or further up/. Can amend when prefixed with C-u
: (defun my-compile-project ()
:   (interactive)
:   ;  Use "." instead of (buffer-file-name) ?
:   (let* ((mk-dir (locate-dominating-file (buffer-file-name) "Makefile"))
:          (compile-command (concat "make -k -f " (shell-quote-argument (concat mk-dir "Makefile"))))
:          (compilation-read-command nil))
:     (call-interactively 'compile)))
:
: (global-set-key [f5] 'my-compile-project)

Locally, the whole site is a directory tree, with one directory per web page.
The remote site is updated using "sitecopy"

I have published the approach and the related python code under
  https://web222.webclient5.de/prj/content/trgensit

This is modular:
- If you prefer markdown over org, then body.htm could as well be produced from a body.md source file using e.g. pandoc.
- The python scripts might as well be elisp.

Regards your question how to produce letters from org-mode, I also attach here my first attempt textLetter.org.
I added to init.el
: ;;; LaTeX/KOMA letter export
: (require 'ox-koma-letter)
to have the export option show in the org-mode exporter front-end.

I provide all these files as is, with no warranty of any kind under GNU GPL.

Best regards
Thomas
redetho at gmx.de