[emacs-berlin] Hybrid And Offline Meeting Future

Zeremonienmeister Berber berber at zmberber.com
Wed Mar 27 20:37:28 UTC 2024

Hello!

I think today was a big success, I am very happy we did this!

To reiterate what we discussed today at the end:

- It would be nice to have an in-person only meeting, since sometimes
hybrid doesn't work that well for the in-person people, and there is
extra motivation to come offline if you cannot come online.
- We want to keep the last Wednesday of the month as the Jitsi meeting

So one idea is to have an additional in-person only date, for example
every second Wednesday of the month.  The usual last Wednesday of the
month will stay Jitsi, and we can think about if we want it hybrid or
online only.  There really is nothing against having it hybrid, I guess,
but then somebody (like me) would also always have to be at c-base so
that if people want to come offline, they are able to.  That is the only
challenge, but I think that won't be a problem at all, I would like that
idea.

Also, today we didn't try out the big screen for the hybrid setup.
Things will go more smoothly once we have that set up, and there is also
a conference microphone and a webcam we can possibly use.  Especially
for hybrid presentations (both for the presenter being online or in
person) this would probably be nice.

For now, let's just continue the hybrid setting for one or two months
more before we start an in-person only meeting, at least that was our
vibe with the in-person people today.  Just to get more of a feeling of
what we want.

And let us please motivate each other to come in person next time!

--

Zeremonienmeister Berber
Mathematiker und Vaporwave Connoissseur