[emacs-berlin] Fwd: How to export to the simplest possible HTML?

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Tue Jun 27 10:55:46 UTC 2023

Dear Matt,

thanks for reaching out.

Am 27.06.2023 12:42 schrieb Matt:
> I wonder, would you or others be interested in a talk about using the
> built-in help system for situations like these?

No I don't, because it won't solve my problem. The problem is not that
system but it is just me.

Without understanding how Lisp and Emacs internally work (e.g. hooks and
functional paradigm) it do not help. I do know how to use and reach the
content in that system. But in most cases I don't understand that
content. I'm often not able to read it. Lisp gives me a headache. Just
for myself I don't get it why a human being is able to read and write
syntax like this. No offense. Lisp was there long before I was born and
there must be good reasons why it exists and is still in use. I also
used C, C++, Java, SQL and some other (partly in-human) stuff in the
past. But I'm more a Python person. Reading and writing Python is
natural to me like breathing. It is very difficult for me to get out of
this warm and fragrant bath. ;)

I will get into Lisp someday because I have to enhance my Emacs. But
there are other things with higher priorities on my todo list.

> I find the Emacs
> documentation system the best to navigate, as I find it often provides
> better results than internet search engines.

I agree.