[emacs-berlin] November meetup - also in person in Berlin!

julia.biro at gmail.com julia.biro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:05:43 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

the November meetup is coming up, and as Til has already shared, we will be
able to meet in person with those who want and can come to
Contentfuls office in Berlin.
The event will be hybrid - it will still primarily online, but those of us
in meeting in person will join the call from a room that is equipped for
video conferences. I am also happy to share that my wonderful colleagues
managed to find a way for us to join jitsi, so we can keep the beloved
Jitsi server and we don't have to change platforms. Noone is going to be
forced to install Zoom to be able to participate.

Due to the limited space and the office regulations, there are going to be
some small technicalities for those who will be joining in person. I don't
want to burden the mailing list with those, so I am asking those who are
interested in attending in person to email me <julia.biro+emacs at gmail.com>
by November 25 the latest (that is next Friday).

Broad strokes:
- the office is at Max-Ulrich strasse in Berlin, close to U Voltastrasse
and S Humboldthain (yes, we moved!)
- food and drinks will be provided courtesy of Contentful
- the in-person part starts and ends at the same time as the online part of
the meetup
- attendees will have to sign in as my guests to the office
- to attend, write me <julia.biro+emacs at gmail.com> for further instructions
- in person capacity is limited, first come, first served (sorry about
that)

This is a first attempt with this setup - we never had a hybrid meetup with
more than 1 person being remote. I am sure some things will change in the
future, as we gain experience with doing this, and also as Contentful
changes as a venue. It will take a few iterations, but it's a start.

"The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend."

Hope to see many of you soon!
Julia