[emacs-berlin] Another video conf software test run

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Fri Apr 24 18:43:15 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm looking into another FOSS Zoom alternative called BigBlueButton [1],
and have set up a test instance.

Anybody up for another test run? I suggest tomorrow Saturday evening
18:00 CEST. Alternatively you can also join now, I'm going to hang out
on and off in an open room there, and also on IRC #emacs-berlin. Visit
this link to join the conference room:

https://bbb.tils.net/b/til-ve7-z9f

It's based more around a teaching scenario then pure video conferencing
like Jitsi, so it might fit better for a meetup such as ours. It claims
to support a sufficient number of users [2]. It's purely browser based,
works with mobile browsers and Safari as well.

Til

[1] https://bigbluebutton.org/
[2] https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/support/faq.html#how-many-simultaneous-users-can-bigbluebutton-support