[emacs-berlin] Introducing myself

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at posteo.de
Fri Apr 3 21:06:23 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I just discovered this mailing lists and wanted to introduce myself.  I’m a cognitive scientist at Uni Potsdam and I use Emacs for pretty much everything: teaching, e-mail, writing, reading (pdftools!!) and for scientific computing with R and Stan.  I was a happy vimmer for a decade but vim felt too limiting and I wanted the freedom of elisp — old story.  After switching to Emacs, I initially used vimpulse mode for vim keybindings and then became one of the first users of evil mode.  I also wrote a couple of Emacs packages: helm-bibtex, guess-language, helm-dictionary, helm-mu, tango-plus-theme, helm-org-contacts.

Looking forward to saying hello at the next meetup! :)

  Titus