[emacs-berlin] September Meetup: Call for Presentations

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at easy-emacs.de
Mon Sep 19 14:29:49 UTC 2016

On 19.09.2016 14:39, Tilmann Singer wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler at easy-emacs.de> writes:
>> On 15.09.2016 17:21, Arne Brasseur wrote:
>>> - using org-mode for presentations
>> The info at
>>
>> https://github.com/emacs-berlin/general-close
>>
>> deserves an update, resp. being provided at all.
>>
>> Maybe suitable for a live-hack?
> Our idea with the relaunch of Emacs Berlin this year after the summer
> was to restart with new verve and energy, and we thought that this could
> be achieved by having a bit more of a structure with one overall topic
> per meetup, and prepared talks that are preferably related to that
> topic. One reason behind this is the assumption that it will be easier
> to attract newcomers if one of the topics catches their interest.

Hi Til,

understand your endeavour - thank you all.

> So, do you plan to combine general-close and org-mode for presentations
> in a talk? If yes that would be awesome! ;)

Just wanted to deliver kind of real-case scenario.
Have no experience with presentations, being confident Emacs org-mode is
suitable for this.

> Unstructured "mob-hacking" can be nice and fun too, but if there is the
> choice, I'd rather err towards more structured presentations (which can
> be improvised and open too of course), at least for the main part of the
> next few meetups.

Maybe we can have both: present the existing features and an other day
work at extensions.
For me the capability to tweak existing modes resp. provide new ones is
key, where Emacs excels.

Cheers,
Andreas