[emacs-berlin] September Meetup: Call for Presentations

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Sun Sep 18 16:42:07 UTC 2016

Arne Brasseur <arne.brasseur at gmail.com> writes:
> Henrik wrote:
>> it is probably a bad time to ask for such a talk
>> Doesn't make much sense at the moment.
>
> I think it's still really useful to have a talk about this. Why are they
> doing a rewrite? What's already implemented? What do/don't you get with the
> old version? What are the alternatives? I'd definitely like to see that!

I second that - even if all the current options can not be recommended
right now, I would find it highly interesting what is there currently,
what has been tried and abandoned, what were the reasons behind it, and
any other behind-the-scenes info you might have from observing the
mailing list or other sources!

I tried the MobileOrg Android app very long time ago, but it just felt
too clunky, both the UI and the setup required for sync. Right now I'm
experimenting with a small script that exports a TODO agenda to a static
html page so I can view it on my phone. I'd find it nice to hear about
and discuss alternatives at the meetup.

Regarding talks - Arne thanks for the list of suggestions, if I'm
allowed to pick one I'll gladly give a talk on tables and spreadsheet
functionality within org-mode. I know I did something similar already,
but I can imagine the audience being different and it would be nice to
try and prepare it better this time.

Til