[emacs-berlin] Literate dev-ops

Rasmus rasmus at gmx.us
Wed May 11 13:15:40 UTC 2016

Arne Brasseur <arne.brasseur at gmail.com> writes:

>> Aside: ob-sh is now ob-shell.
>
> That's good to know. Is there a difference in functionality, or is it just
> a rename and will the old name be deprecated?

If you check M-x find-library RET ob-sh RET it's probably the one
distributed with Emacs-core.  So eventually ob-sh.el will disappear (Org
8.3 or maybe 9 should become part of Emacs 25.2).

I guess these are the relevant bits from ORG-NEWS.

* Version 8.3
** New features
*** Additional =:hline= processing to ob-shell

If the argument =:hlines yes= is present in a babel call, an optional
argument =:hlines-string= can be used to define a string to use as a
representation for the lisp symbol ='hline= in the shell program.  The
default is =hline=.
** Removed options
*** Removed option =org-babel-sh-command=

This undocumented option defaulted to the value of =shell-file-name=
at the time of loading =ob-shell=.  The new behaviour is to use the
value of =shell-file-name= directly when the shell langage is =shell=.
To chose a different shell, either customize =shell-file-name= or bind
this variable locally.

*** Removed option =org-babel-sh-var-quote-fmt=

This undocumented option was supposed to provide different quoting
styles when changing the shell type.  Changing the shell type can now
be done directly from the source block and the quoting style has to be
compatible across all shells, so a customization doesn't make sense
anymore.  The chosen hard coded quoting style conforms to POSIX.

* Version 8.2
** Incompatible changes
*** =ob-sh.el= renamed to =ob-shell=
This may require two changes in user config.

1. In =org-babel-do-load-languages=, change =(sh . t)= to =(shell . t)=.
2. Edit =local.mk= files to change the value of =BTEST_OB_LANGUAGES=
   to remove "sh" and include "shell".

--
There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know