[emacs-berlin] Pushing org-mode

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at easy-emacs.de
Tue Feb 9 07:04:38 UTC 2016

On 08.02.2016 21:42, Rasmus wrote:

>> AFAIU a problem will arise from systems, which are not satisfied by a
>> "\n"-char as a newline.
>> Inserting "\n" looks like a naive approach.
> OK.  If you know of a concrete example please post a bug report to the Org
> mailing list.

Windows would be affected at least in the past, because it required also
"\r". Maybe it's not the case any more.

Also seeing in (newline), it might no longer work as a remedy:

         ;; FIXME: For non-interactive uses, many calls actually just want
         ;; (insert "\n"), so maybe we should do just that, so as to avoid
         ;; the risk of filling or running abbrevs unexpectedly.

Which would mean a regression on older resp. affected systems.