[emacs-berlin] Upcoming meetup: full summer mode

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Mon Jul 27 12:43:16 UTC 2015

"C. Florian Ebeling" <florian.ebeling at gmail.com> writes:
> For me the experience with magit 2.1 has been mixed. It’s slow for my
> main projects right now, to the point where it’s not really usable.
> Did you see anything like that? I know there to be a ticket for it
> already [1], apparently not everyone has this problem.

No, I was lucky enough to not have any performance problems with it yet.
I had problems with the old magit, where expanding a very large diff
would sometimes "crash" magit, and prevent any further interaction with
magit, requiring a re-opening of the magit buffer. I haven't seen that
yet with the new version, although I visited a few large diffs already.
No systematic evidence though.

cheers, Til