Sunday, Starship 19 Release at TV Bar, Berlin

Starship Magazine redaktion at starship-magazine.org
Wed Feb 19 14:26:09 UTC 2020

    We would like to invite you on the occasion of the new issue of
    Starship magazine for an afternoon presentation in Berlin at TV Bar.
    Aus Anlass des Erscheinens einer neuen Ausgabe des Magazins Starship
    freuen wir uns zur Präsentation in Berlin in die TV Bar einzuladen

    Gerry Bibby, Mihaela Chiriac, Nikola Dietrich, Martin Ebner, Ariane
    Müller, Henrik Olesen

    *Sunday, 23 February, from 4pm
    Sonntag, 23. Februar, ab 16:00
    *

    Cover: Nora Schultz, Back cover: Mark van Yetter
    Magazine Design: Starship and Dan Solbach

    *Starship #19, Apokolypse of the praktikal moment
    *Spring 2020, 172 pages, color, English/German
    8 € / abroad 10 € ($12)

    presents artists contributions by John Boskovich, Elijah Burger,
    Simon Denny, Cornelia Herfurtner, Yuki Kimura, Vera Palme, Nora
    Schultz, Jack Smith;
    and by Rosa Aiello, Carter Frasier, María Galindo, Samuel Jeffery &
    Daniel Herleth, Elisa R. Linn, Paul Preciado, and Haytham El-Wardany

    introducing new columnists: Mihaela Chiriac, Michèle Graf & Selina
    Grüter, Julia Jung, The Parliament of Bodies, and Ulla Rossek

    and our columnists: Tenzing Barshee, Gerry Bibby,  Mercedes Bunz,
    David Bussel, Eric D. Clark, Jay Chung, Hans-Christian Dany with
    Valérie Knoll, Francesca Drechsler,
    Stefanie Fezer & Vera Tollmann, Julian Göthe, Karl Holmqvist,
    Stephan Janitzky, Jakob Kolding, Lars Bang Larsen, Ariane Müller
    with Huang Rui, Robert M. Ochshorn,
    Mark von Schlegell, Max Schmidtlein, Amelie von Wulffen, and Florian
    Zeyfang

    and artworks by Melvin Edwards, Elizabeth Ravn, Nong Shoahua, and
    Mark van Yetter

    /Dear friends,
    However much previous iterations may have joyfully detoured,
    escaping the suggestion of an introduced preoccupation, slipping
    into other orbits,
    we did not enter into this issue with a central theme. #19's
    prefered entry into this nominally new decade is with a de-centred
    face—including a slight shift/glitch
    in our format that’s been around since Henrik and Nikola set
    re-start on the magazine. Borrowed from the new or old, or
    projecting an altogether non-face,
      this might be a mask if we're to take Jack Smith's lead. If it has
    organs that better sense the world around it differently, these
    might be submerged,
      sensing other spaces, as Nora Schultz’s cover and contribution
    reminds us. Swimming throughout these pages, fragments of surfacing
    whales
    make contact with a conversation between women who talk about women;
    confront the social deviations of a (dis)behaving inside outsider;
    locate the violence of a cage designed for a worker's optimized
    productivity from a distance... & even senses a lamenting allegory
    about dogs in a desert without language. Before returning to what
    lies beneath the surface, leaving it for the activities of painters
    and poets.
    —Gerry Bibby, Mihaela Chiriac, Nikola Dietrich, Martin Ebner, Ariane
    Müller, Henrik Olesen
    /(from the editorial)

    Please join us at
    *TV*