Sunday, November 25, 9 pm: The Green Fog

pirate cinema berlin sebastian at rolux.org
Sat Nov 24 07:44:48 UTC 2018

Here at Pirate Cinema, we've always had high hopes in recombinatory cinema. The
one thing we didn't anticipate, however, was for Guy Maddin to come up with a
complete remake of Vertigo, using nothing but found footage. The result,
compiled from more than a hundred movies and TV shows, is not just, scene by
scene, a cinematic double of Vertigo, but at the same time an animated media
archaeology of the orginal film's sets and settings, in form of a stunningly
precise and often deliberately hilarious cross-genre montage in which - and
we're pretty sure Thom Andersen would approve - San Francisco plays itself.

                                                                          Sunday
                                                                     November 25
                                                                       from 9 pm

                                                                   The Green Fog