[emacs-berlin] Fwd: How to export to the simplest possible HTML?

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Tue Jun 27 10:24:58 UTC 2023

My apologize, but I can't resist here and have to make some advertise.
;)

In the context of creating HTML files out of Org content or files I
would like to throw "hyperorg" [1] into the room. I am the maintainer of
"hyperorg".

For Lisp persons it might not look as a good solution because it is
Python parsing org files and generating HTML from it. Why not using
Emacs/Org in build capabilities for that? Once I tried
"org-html-export-to-html" and got an error message about an ID (of
another OrgRoam node) that can't be resolved. I got frustrated about it
no matter that there might be good reason why such a function is not
able to do its job in the case of existing OrgRoam-IDs. Without knowing
Lisp and concepts behind it the Emacs-inbuld help system is not helpful
for people like me. And I wasn't able to start with it these days. After
doing research about some static site generators (like Hugo) often used
for org files, too I started with "hyperorg".

There is no stable / official release yet but I do use it for my own
OrgRoam based Zettelkasten with ~600 connected nodes.

Please feel free to open Issues with your own not working org nodes.

Kind
Christian

[1] -- <https://codeberg.org/buhtz/hyperorg>