[emacs-berlin] Introduction

Matt matt at excalamus.com
Sun Jun 25 22:37:16 UTC 2023

Moin!

My name is Matt and I recently moved to Hamburg from the United States for work.  I've been an Emacs user since 2017, an FSF associate member since '21, and currently maintain Org mode's shell functionality (ob-shell.el).  Fun fact: I use stenography for all my text input.  I'd love to give presentations (once I'm fully settled).  Some topic ideas are how to become a maintainer, show how Org babel internals work (and how to extend it for new languages), or what using steno with Emacs is like.

Stateside, it always seemed like Germany has a strong free software community.  It's my first time in Europe and I'm excited to meet fellow enthusiasts.  If anyone is in the Hamburg area, I'd enjoy meeting up to talk Emacs or work on contributions together.  Please feel free to reach out!

Matt