[emacs-berlin] Presentation on switch from doom emacs

chris 7vp6jebjwhle at mailbox.org
Tue May 9 07:56:00 UTC 2023

Hello fellow emacs users.

I have recently found myself with too much time on my hands and thus (naturally) started tinkering with my emacs config.
As a result I have switched from using doom emacs to using my own config.

Since a few of you do use either spacemacs or doomemacs I am offering to give a short presentation on my switch and answer any questions you might have.

Additionally I’d like to ask (1) those of you that have already configured emacs yourself which packages (or builtin functionality) you deem essential to your usage of emacs and (2) for packages you always wanted to check out but never had the time to. I am neither asking for details nor config snippets but rather a short description.
Along with the above presentation I’d like to try out your suggestions and include some of them in the presentation.

Please let met know if your are interested in either.

Have a nice week!
Chris