[emacs-berlin] Export org mode files to iCalendar format

jman emacs-berlin at city17.xyz
Tue Apr 4 12:51:59 UTC 2023

Heyyy, I'd like to generate an .ics file (suitable for calendars) from on
orgmode file without using the calendar-mode of Emacs.

I've tried reading the export documentation[0] and how to set properties[1] in
an orgmode file, I could not figure out a basic example to start with.

How do I set properties so that they are exported in the .ics file?

All I could do is exporting this template (C-c C-e c f):

----------s---------s----------
* Name of the Event :tag1:
  <2023-04-05 Wed 20:00>
  Description of the event
----------e---------e----------

this will produce the following .ics file:

----------s---------s----------
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:test
PRODID:-//jman//Emacs with Org mode//EN
X-WR-TIMEZONE:CEST
CATEGORIES:tag1,test
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Til, didn't we already see something like that when you started adding .ics
files for the monthly meetup? How do you generate these files?

Thanks

[0]: https://orgmode.org/manual/iCalendar-Export.html
[1]: https://orgmode.org/manual/Property-Syntax.html