[emacs-berlin] Emacs Berlin tonight - org mode to PowerPoint

Sebastian Feiler Sebastian.Feiler at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 22:59:34 UTC 2023

Dear all,

Thank you for the warm welcome, it was a very interesting first meetup for me. For me, as a non-programmer but Emacs geek, it is amazing to actually be able to talk to other people about Emacs... I had to leave to catch my train but I have already penciled in next meetups and look forward to them.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your interesting presentation. As stated before I also live in the „non-Emacs“ world and therefore your topic is of great interest to me.

If I am not mistaken you do he conversion from .org -> pandoc -> .ppt by way of a makefile or shell script. I was wondering of you have had a chance to look at the pandoc add-on to org-mode’s exporter, ox-pandoc, which can be found on MELPA. You could then, by invoking org-pandoc-export-to-pptx, trigger the export to ppt directly from Emacs, with Pandoc running in the background. Pandoc options and flags can be passed to it by using "#+PANDOC_OPTIONS:“ metadata at the top of the org file. I have not tested this in detail but it sounds promising.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the above!

Kindest regards,

Sebastian