[emacs-berlin] Tramp mode with custom location for SSH config

jman emacs-berlin at city17.xyz
Mon Mar 13 09:28:04 UTC 2023

> (add-to-list 'tramp-methods
>              `("ssh-j" ;; LOL slight variation for the "ssh" method
>                (tramp-login-program "ssh")
>                (tramp-login-args
>                 (("-F" ,(concat (getenv "XDG_CONFIG_HOME") "/ssh/config"))

Great, it works!

I just want to mention that it took me some time to spot the TWO changes
in that suggestion. One was easily visible:

--8<---------start----------x--------->8--
("-F", (concat (getenv "XDG_CONFIG_HOME") "/ssh/config"))
     ^^^

The other one not so much: the single apostrophe was replaced by a
backtick:

`("ssh-j"
^

Again, it's my fault that I am not very conversant with Lisp but small
traps like these can be ... frustrating :)