[emacs-berlin] A talk proposal: supa-el

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Sun Nov 20 23:40:30 UTC 2022

Alex Shulgin <alex.shulgin at gmail.com> writes:
> Just writing to you to confirm my attendance on Nov 30th (looks like
> it can happen in person — really excited about that!)

Great!

> How do we go about making this a recorded session?  Is that feasible/desirable?  I, for one, hope that it can be useful for a broader audience. ;)
> What are the technical (and org.) challenges and how can I help to overcome those?

It's definitely desirable to record talks if it's ok for the speaker, so
yes, please.

There is only the technical challenge, we haven't done recording with
our current self-hosted Jitsi video setup yet. The proper way seems to
be to set up a separate server with a thing called jibri. I'm not
opposed to trying to set it up, but it doesn't look well documented so
I'm not sure whether it will work. Maybe someone knows more about that,
or if there a other ways such as recording from a local machine?

Til