[emacs-berlin] my Spacemacs is slow

Arne Brasseur arne.brasseur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:49:13 UTC 2022

Something you can try, trigger the slow thing, and then immediately send
Emacs a SIGUSR2 signal. This will make it interrupt what it's doing and
enter the debugging, where you can see the stack of what it was doing. You
may need to try a few times but this can give you an idea of where it's
spending its time. I think the command is something like `killall -USR2
emacs` (on linux).

--
Arne Brasseur
Gaiwan GmbH