[emacs-berlin] New Subscriber

Ilia Kurenkov ilia.kurenkov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:35:22 UTC 2019

Hi Andreas!

Thanks for the interest. There's not much code to post, since what I'm
interested in is rather behavior.
I would like to be able to place my cursor at a LaTeX \section or
\subsection line then hit Tab and have the section collapse like its
equivalent would do in org-mode. In short, I want org-mode section
navigation/manipulation support for LaTeX. The Spacemacs latex layer (which
installs Auctex by default) has no support for this, not even if I enable
hs-minor-mode or outline-minor-mode.

All that being said, this isn't a direly needed feature because for my
thesis I have a configuration I'm comfortable with:
I do all my writing in org-mode, then export *only the body* to a tex file
which is then loaded via \input by another tex file that contains the
preamble, the references, and appendix, all of which were easier to rig up
in LaTeX and which don't really change after initial setup. All of this
mess is source-controlled.

Cheers,
Ilia

--