[emacs-berlin] git grep

Tilmann Singer tils at tils.net
Wed Oct 29 21:11:55 CET 2014

For Andi - my very hackish local git grep setup, feedback welcome:

https://gist.github.com/til/fe24eebae7bcf799b08f

Apparantly it depends on magit to find the root folder, but I'm sure
that could be done more elegantly. Also, no idea if the setenv PAGER
call is necessary.

Til

(defun grep-project (q)
  "Search using git grep"
  (interactive (list
                (read-from-minibuffer "git grep: "
                                      (if (region-active-p)
                                          (buffer-substring-no-properties (region-beginning) (region-end))
                                        (current-word))
                                      nil nil 'grep-project)))
  (let ((command
  (concat
  "cd " (magit-get-top-dir default-directory) " && "
  "git grep --untracked -i -n --no-color --full-name '" q "' -- ")))
  (add-to-history 'grep-find-history command)
  (grep command)
))
(setenv "PAGER" "cat")
(global-set-key [(f3)] 'grep-project)